Ciar ingen Dáire
Quarterly sable and gules, in bend two oak leaves within a bordure argent.
Ciar ingen Dáire, sui echnaid has been in the SCA since 2002. She was elevated to the Order of the Laurel in October 2013 by Sven IV and Cassandra II for Norse Studies and Embroidery. She is a member of the Early Period Alliance.
- 1 Persona
- 2 Associates
- 3 Offices & Positions
- 4 Event Staff
- 5 Classes Taught
- 6 Competitions
- 7 Projects
- 8 More Information
Ciar is a 10th century Irish-woman who moved to Dublin when she married a Norse warrior.
- Squire to Sir Sven Orfhendur, 12/2003-10/2013
- Apprentice to Mistress Aleksina Taisiya Rogvolodovna, 10/2011-10/2013
Offices & Positions
- Member of the Queen's Guard for Adriana II, 6/2005-11/2005
- Member of the Queen's Guard for Chamayn II, 11/2005-6/2006
- Member of the Queen's Guard for Kolfinna, 6/2006-11/2006
- Member of the Queen's Guard for Faizah II, 11/2007-6/2008
- Captain of the Royal Guard for Sven II and Kolfinna II, 11/2008-6/2009
- Exchequer, Barony of Dun Or, 12/2009 to present
- Co-steward, Coronation and Queen's Champion, November 2013
- Pre-Registration Steward, Great Western War, 2011 and 2012
- Norse Embroidery, Collegium Caidis Fall 2005
- Making and Decorating the Viking Apron-Dress - Caid Spring Collegium 2008, Highland War 2010
- Scandinavian Clothing During the Viking Age - Festival of the Rose July 2011, Highland War 2011
- Early Period Garb 2.0: Beyond the T-Tunic - GWW October 2012
- Making a tailored smokkr (based on evidence from Hedeby) - Caid Spring Collegium April 2012
- Scandinavian Embroidery during the Viking Age - GWW October 2011, GWW October 2012
- Scandinavian Clothing during the Viking Age, Great Western War 2015
- Gyldenholt A&S Champion, Gyldenholt Anniversary 2012
- Dreiburgen A&S Champion (embroidered orange bag), Dreiburgen Anniversary 2008
- Individual Pentathlon Champion
- First Place Journeyman, Visual Arts: Glasswork Beads
- First Place Apprentice, Culinary: Cheeses
- First Place Journeyman, Performance Arts: Persona Presentation
- First Place Artisan, Fiber Arts: Costume Review
- First Place Artisan, Fiber Arts: Surface Embroidery
- First Place Journeyman, Fiber Arts: Surface Embroidery
- First Place Journeyman, Compositional: How-to Paper
- 2nd Place Journeyman, Fiber Arts: Costume Construction
- 1st Place Journeyman, Fiber Arts: Needlework: Surface Embroidery
- 2nd Place Apprentice, Performance Arts: Dramatic Reading
- 2nd Place Journeyman, Visual Arts: Glasswork: Beads
Ciar's Coat Patch
Wool embroidery on linen-backed wool patch. Design from Oseberg sled pole. Completed March 2005.
Chamayn's (as Queen) Apron Embroidery
Silk/wool blend embroidery on linen patch. Design from a Viking pendant. Completed May 2005.
Silk/wool blend embroidery on linen patch. Original design based on HRM's device. Completed May 2005.
Drogo's (as King) Tunic Patch for Stepping Up
Wool embroidery on linen-backed wool patch. Design based on HRM's device. Completed May 2007.
Kolfinna's (as Queen) Queen's Champion Apron Embroidery
Silk on silk, applique with stem stitch. Completed August 2006.
Silk on silk, applique with stem stitch. Original design based on the Caidan Cross and a Viking sword mount. Completed August 2006.
Kolfinna's Knighting Apron Lineage Patch
Wool embroidery on linen-backed wool patch. Original design based on period rune-stones and the devices of Kolfinna, her consort Sven, her knight Malachi, and his consort Taisiya. Completed February 2005.
Wool embroidery on linen patch. Design from Arne runestone. Completed December 2008.
Detail of patch - wool embroidery on linen. Completed December 2008.
For pictures of recent projects, please visit Ciar's Stitch in Time