Fall Crown Tournament 2001
From Compendium Caidis
Edric and Catalina
Duke Edric Aaron Hartwood fighting for Catalina Oro Sol defeated Sir Sven Örfhendur fighting for Therese of the White Griffin in the finals to win the title of Crown Prince and crown Catalina Crown Princess.
King Hauoc and Queen Ginevra of the West Kingdom were in attendance.
- Please add your memories of this event
From Lachlan of Cromarty
- This was a very memorable event, the first following 9/11. Everyone in the world was desperate to return to normal life. For us in the SCA, the most "normal" thing possible is dressing up in costumes and using assumed names. We went to that green grove under clear blue sky and could forget the modern world.
- There was one reminder of what was going on outside: the American flag normally does not "fit" at an SCA event, but on that day the Stars and Stripes flew from the highest flagpole. (see the first photo below of Edric and Catalina, below)
- Also, being that Catalina was at that time from Lyondemere, we happily rooted for Edric, the eventual winner.
- Photos by Keradwc (Link broken - 5/4/2010)
Condessa Battista de Lagos
Duchess Ceinwen ferch Rhys ap Gawain
Comptesse Caroline Marie de Fontenailles
|Go back||Go forward|
|Fall Crown Tournament 1997||Crown Tournament Spring 2002|
|Events of Caid|
| Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s
Other Information: Results