From Compendium Caidis
General Documentation Info
- Entering an Arts & Sciences Competition -- Taught by Her Ladyship Melisande de Frayne Barony of Namron, Kingdom of Ansteorra
- Documentation Class -- Taught by HE Scianna and THL Melisande de Frayne on June 10, 2006 ( Link doesn't work on some versions of FireFox)
- Documentation Outline Summary for a Static Item (non-performance) -- By HL Melisande de Frayne ( Link doesn't work on some versions of FireFox)
- Writing Research Papers In The SCA -- By HL Melisande de Frayne, Kingdom of Ansteorra ( Link doesn't work on some versions of FireFox)
Examples of Documentation
- Basketry Books -- "I've listed the Basketry Books I own with comments about their contents"
- Weaving, Spinning, Dyeing Books "I've listed the Weaving, Spinning and Dyeing Books I own with comments about their contents"
-- Lace Making
- Needle Lace Annotated Bibliography by Charlene S. Noto, (member of the Calontir Fiber & Needle Guild) 1996 (Link broken - 5/4/2010) -- “Unfortunately, there is no one book on "This is how you do needle lace for pre-17th century studies". It is a hunt and peck process. Most lace books tend to deal with the extremely fine needle laces of the 17th century or they lean heavily toward information on bobbin lace. What I decided to do here was to list the books that I have actually studied and give you my opinions of them for our use. Again, these are my opinions and in no way should be used as reference for the worth of a particular book. My comments are based on using the books strictly as a study of needle lace done prior to 1600.”
- NeedleWork Books -- "I've listed the Needlework Books I own with comments about their contents"
-- Tablet (Card) Weaving
- An Annotated Bibliography for Tablet Woven Brocades -- This is the bibliography created by Nancy Spies for her book Ecclesiastical Pomp and Aristocratic Circumstance: A Thousand Years of Brocaded Tabletwoven Bands.
- Bibliography of Sources for Information on Period Tablet Weaves -- Carolyn Priest-Dorman's bibliography as well as photos of her work.
- Linda Hendrickson -- Her favorite books, tools, people, organizations, practices and web sites
- *The Ultimate* Tablet Weaving Bibliography -- Peter Collingwood has offered the bibliography from The Techniques of Tablet Weaving as the beginning for the *The Ultimate* Tablet Weaving Bibliography. It will be a co-production of all the tablet weavers.