Royal Tourney of Union 1974
A watershed event in the history of our kingdom. The four Southern Baronies (as they were then known) gathered to hold a tournament celebrating their alliance and incipient principality status. King Andrew of Riga of the West attended and assumed the title of Prince of Caid until the first Prince could be selected at the First Coronet and Coronation Tournament to follow in June.
- Co-Autocrats: Waldt von Markheim, Alison von Markheim, Æoelwig Æoelfwigson and Bevin Fraser of Stirling.
- The Principality of Caid was born. The populace officially chose the new name.
- Leaf of Merit (West kingdom service award) for Alejandro de Salamanca, Armand Sebastian de la Forêt de Savigny, and Däwyd Suomalainen von Markheim
Held in Dreiburgen at Glen Helen Regional Park, Devore, CA. His Occidental Majesty Andrew of Riga attended the event at which the Charter of Union was read and the Baronies of Calafia, Angels, Isles and Dreiburgen were merged to form the Principality of Caid. (The name Caid was coined by Master Boncueur (West) as an acronym consisting of the first letter of names of the four baronies. It also means "fortress" in Arabic. ) His Majesty assumed the title of Prince of Caid until one could be chosen by combat.
New Principality Officers:
- Seneschal: Bevin Fraser of Stirling
- Crescent Herald: Conrad von Regensburg
- Constable: Hugh the Undecided
- Deputy Chancellor: James of the Dunes
- Chancellor of the Exchequer: Anneka Danser de Naverlont
- Mistress of Arts: Meg Shelford
- Minister of Sciences: Friedrich Eric Helmut von Rheinhausen
- Knight Marshal: Christian of Orange
Awards of Arms were given to
- Britta Atlantica
- Diantha Sylvana Galatea Athalie de Castalia
- Nicholas Bleumert
- Stephan Totenkopf
- Thomas of the Double Axe
- Wilhelm von Messer
The following were admitted to the Order of the Leaf of Merit, the West Kingdom's award for service:
- Alejandro de Salamanca
- Armand de Sevigny (known then as Armand Sebastian de la Foret de Sevigny)
- Däwyd Suomalainen von Markheim (who later changed his name to Yrjö Kirjawiisas)
The day' events included Heavy Weapons challenges and melees, as well as a List for Principality Champion. Saturday evening's events included a potluck dinner and Bardic Circle. Cooking Contests were held for Best Main Dish, Best Side Dish and Best Dessert. (From previous documentation)
More details about this event can be found at West Kingdom History
- Please feel free to add memories to this section
- (in Correspondence with Karina of the Far West, Vesper Principal Herald)
- ...at the Tournament of Union held in the Barony of Dreiburgen April 20-21, the people of the new Principality acclaimed the name "Caid" for their choice ... His Majesty King Andrew of the West approved of the name and stated that it was acceptable so long as the College of Heralds has no objection.
|Go back||Go forward|
|May Tourney 1973||Spring Tournament Dreiburgen 1975|
|Events of Caid|
| Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s
Other Information: Results