Twelfth Night 2013
Twelfth Night 2013
- Brief listing of major points of the day
- The Order of the Pelican welcomed Thea Gabrielle Northernridge into their ranks
- Katayama Chikara, John of Sudwelle and Torin o' the Dell became Court Barons
- The Order of the Crescent welcomed Patraic O Ceallaigh, Fu Ching Lan and Chiara degli Danielli
- Chanson d’Honneur was bestowed upon Avice de Baiona, Cecilia Lightfoot, Angharat Goch verch Gwenhover
From the Online Calendar
Caidan Twelfth Night in Gyldenholt “We survived the apocalypse!”
January 5th, 2013
All are welcome to the Barony of Gyldenholt to celebrate Twelfth Night in Caid! For centuries, men have predicted the end of the world as we know it and they have one thing in common... they were all wrong! So come out and celebrate our new lease on life.
There will be a multitude of activities to make your day festive and full.
- Come dressed in your finest to impress the Company of Clothiers.
- Test your metal by translating the quatrains of Nostradamus.
- Find and buy treasures from our well stocked merchants
- Have your portrait taken by our baronial photographer, Lord Marcus
- Listen to the tunes of the Dance Macabre
And don’t forget to close the evening out with a wonderful feast prepared by Baroness Colette de Montpellier. (Feast menu posted below)
Please join us in celebrating the new post non-apocalyptic era!
Site: St. George Episcopal Church, 23802 Avenida de la Carlota, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Site opens: 9:00 am
Court begins: 10:00 am (or at Their Royal Majesties leisure)
Feast begins: 5:00 pm
Site Closes: 9:00 pm
Site fees: $10 for members, $15 for non-members, $5 for children 12 years and under Feast: $14 per seat Please make checks payable to SCA, Inc/Barony of Gyldenholt
This is a DAMP Site.
St. George does allow for merchants. If you are interested in merchanting at Twelfth Night, please contact the event stewards.
- Event Stewards: Ursul Vladislavl’ Pravnuk and Colette de Montpellier
- Feast reservations will be taken by Baroness Ceara ingen Chonaill;
- Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/149395168539505/
1st Course - Appetizer
- Pork Rillettes - pork spread
- Fresh Cheese
- Crostinis and cucumber slices
- Roast beef with a Garlic Cameline Sauce and Black Pepper Sauce
- (Vegetarian Option) Mushroom and Brie Pasty
- Vermiseaux de cecille (noodles with butter and parmesan)
- Brouet vert d'oeufs et de fromage (pea puree)
- Capiteles de miel (honey glazed vegitables)
- Doreures (stuffed chicken breast)with Saupiquet Sauce
- (Vegetarian Option) Stuffed Roasted Squash
- Poree de cresson (sauteed chard, butter, vegi stock, parmesan)
- Panais Creme (cream and parsnips)
4th Course (dessert)
- Fried Fruit Rissoles with berry sauce
- Leave your memories here.
From Aliskye, scribe armarius caidis
A big thank you to all the scribes that turned in scrolls for the 12th Night scroll presentation:
Adeline of Wintermist Aliskye Rosel Asa Askmath of Calafia Astrid Einarssdottir Bartholomew Gwaltrudd O'Cullaighne Elspeth von Strassburg Emma Rose de Harfleur Engelhardt Bauernfeind Flavia Beatrice Carmigniani Fu Ching Lan Gwenhwyfor ferch dafydd Iohannes ap Gwylim Pengrych Juliana de la Delphi Katherine of Hornechurch Kristina Lachlan of Cromarty Lareej Jaida bint Al Shammari al dujja Mary Taran of Glastonbury Medb Renata Moira Athenais Rachel Ann Dernyter Richenda Elizabeth Coffin Sofia de la Roche Tahira al fahida Tetchubah of Greenlake Thea Gabrielle Northernridge Thomas Brownwell Typhainne d'Alixandre Vitasha Ivanova doch'
Extra special thanks to Richenda who worked on 9 of the 35 scrolls presented!
~ Aliskye scribe armarius caidis
Add photos if we have them
Scrolls Presented at 12th Night
(Click scroll thumbnail for more information)
- Links to photo galleries, West Kingdom History page, etc.
|Go back||Go forward|
|Twelfth Night 2012||Twelfth Night 2014|
|Events of Caid|
| Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s
Other Information: Results